January (2017).

Hello everyone!

Well that's it. 
2016 is well in the past and 2017 is so far so good!
January was a great starting point to what I feel is going to be a good year! 
"Start as you mean to go on."
I guess a good place to start off my January review is my attempt at the so-called 'Dry January.' I decided that I needed a break from the auld alcoholic beverage after the Christmas period, and I lasted 27 days out of 31. I am very proud of myself for that! I could have gone longer, but college started back up and, well, student nightlife and all! But at least I know that I can give it up if I really want to! 

I got a new weekend job! I'm still waitressing, but in a different restaurant. So far, it's going pretty well and I've made some new friends there and gotten comfortable with the place. More updates on that in the future I reckon.

My anxiety wasn't too bad this month. If you read my blog post about my day trip to the beach with my friends, then you would know that I am trying to get to grips with it all and finding ways to help myself when I'm not feeling too good. I've discovered that talking to friends is a lot of help, and that was a great day had by all four of us!


One of my New Year's Resolutions (as much as I hate making them) was to get fitter. I started a 20 day exercise challenge half way through the month. I could really see the progress as the days went by. I could really see changes in my posture more so than anything else. I really want to keep up the light exercises and maybe build up to more strenuous stuff. But for now, a bit of stretching at night and a short work out in the mornings will do me just fine.

I started learning how to play the ukulele! I got one for Christmas off my parents and it is my new favourite past time. It's so simple to just pick up and strum a few chords (after you've learned them obviously!) and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with it!


Looking well..... Photo taken from my January Favourites video

I started bullet journalling this month. And one of the things I wanted to include in my bullet journal was the positivity in each month. I'm not going to go into any detail about how this stuff brought any ounce of positivity into my January (tbh, a lot of them are self-explanatory!). I'll just leave a list at the bottom of this blog post for future reference.

I tried to pack a lot into this month, but the lead up to college excited me too much and I literally spent the whole month obsessing over going back to Dublin! I moved back up on the 28th of January and I am so happy to be back! Getting back into the swing of college was tough during week one, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

And that was my month of January 2017!
Let's just hope the rest of my year goes as good, if not better!

Until next time.
Fifs xo

Positivity this month:
~ Meeting up with friends
~ Starting a new job
~ Sandy 
~ Dodie Clark
~ Moving back to Dublin
~ Making new friends
~ 20 Day Challenge

Instagram: justfifs
Snapchat: justfifs
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig